Football Federation Victoria
Football Federation Victoria is dedicated to changing our game by increasing the participation and leadership of women and girls. To achieve this, we have a number of initiatives:
Engage and Empower by Connecting Ambassadors to Women and Girls:
- W-League Player Ambassador Program involves W-League player appearances at community clubs, and enabling grassroots players (and their guardians) to attend W-League games. 25 community clubs were connected with nine elite players.
- FFV is taking part in FFA programs including: Female Leaders in Football Program, Female Coach Mentor Program, Female Coach Developer Program.
Mandate Gender Balance:
- This year FFV introduced a "gender scorecard" to our annual report. This forms the basis of how we benchmark and drive growth in female participation.
Enhance Participation Choice:
- In 2017, FFV will introduce a social / modified format competition for senior women, specifically targeting mothers, to align our product offerings with the drivers of female participation.
- Female Football Week is devoted to celebrating and promoting the different ways girls and women can participate in football.
Build an Enabling Environment through Education and Training:
- Run a 'Female Friendly Clubs' program that speaks to clubs about how females participate at their club, what barriers and unconscious bias they might face, and how these can be overcome.
- Run a Female Administrator Mentor Program (12 women).
Showcase the Pathways and Opportunities through Role Models:
FFV has a deliberate policy that gender equality is promoted in our narrative (media, website, social media) and brand. For Female Football Week we created YouTube playlists showcasing (ten) female leaders including administrators, coaches and referees.
Women and Girls’ Development Officer
acallaghan [at] ffv.org.au