Clubs receive a boost to level the playing field
The Victorian Government has announced a new round of funding to level the playing field for women and girls in sport and active recreation.
There are 21 community sporting organisations across the state set to benefit from the first round of the Victorian Government’s 2020-21 Change Our Game Community Activation Grants Program.
Community activation grants are designed to support local club and sporting organisations to further gender equality through sport and active recreation.
This round of the program has been redesigned to fund the delivery of an online workshop for over 100 nominated club members.
Clubs will be provided with practical guidance on how to increase membership, improve culture and build a safe and welcoming club environment for all.
The Change Our Game Community Activation Grants Program highlights the State Government’s ongoing commitment to gender equality across all levels of the Victorian sport and active recreation sector.
The Victorian Government is committed to levelling the playing field for women and girls in sport and active recreation, and the grants are part of the $7.2 million Government investment in the Change Our Game initiative.
Please see below list of Round 1 Change Our Game Community Activation Grant 2020-21 recipients:
- Albury Wodonga Motorcycle Club
- Ashburton United Soccer Club
- Bendigo Amateur Soccer League Inc.
- Bentleigh Cricket Club
- Bunyip Football Club Inc.
- Coburg Basketball Assoc.
- cohealth Ltd.
- Epsom Football Club
- Golden City Soccer Club Inc.
- Greater Dandenong Warriors Hockey Club
- Hampton Park United Sparrows FC
- Kingsbury United Soccer Club
- Kyneton District Soccer Club Inc.
- Maribyrnong Park Sports Club Inc.
- Mernda Dragons Rugby League Club Inc.
- Mulgrave Wheelers Hill Cricket Club Inc.
- Northcote City Soccer Club Inc.
- Northern Falcons Soccer Club
- Northern Gateway Bowls Region
- Victorian Superkart Club Inc.
- Werribee Football Club Ltd.