Change Our Game Professional Development Scholarships Program
Applicants are strongly encouraged to read the Program guidelines and check the eligibility criteria for Applicants and Candidates prior to applying.
The Office for Women in Sport and Recreation (OWSR) is building a community of change makers across all areas of sport – through individuals, clubs, leagues and organisations at all levels. Through OWSR’s Change Our Game initiative, the sport and active recreation sector is being encouraged to challenge gender stereotypes and help women and girls fully participate, on and off the field.
To support this change, OWSR is proud to present a new, evolved Change Our Game Professional Development Scholarships Program (the Program). The Program aims to:
- support women to access professional development opportunities, develop specialist skills and enhance existing skills, in areas specific to their stage in the career life cycle
- provide clarity on career paths for emerging women leaders through bespoke career coaching, and
- increase the confidence and capability of women to take on leadership roles in sport and active recreation.
Candidates for the Program are to be nominated by an eligible organisation. Please refer to Section 2 – Eligibility of the Program guidelines for more information.
This new annual Program is an evolution of the previously offered Change Our Game Women in Governance and Change Our Game Scholarship Grants programs and has five streams that are tailored to ensure relevant opportunities are extended across all levels of the career life cycle, from individuals new to the workforce, to those returning from a career break, through to CEOs and new and aspiring directors.
Applications close at 5pm AEST, Monday 22 August 2022 and are to be submitted via Grants Online:
- Apply to the Next Generation Leaders Stream to access support from a leading career coach to support you in charting your path to a CEO or other senior executive role
- Apply to the Governance Stream to access leading training from the Australian Institute foe Company Directors
- Apply to the Champions Stream to join a Change Our Game delegation at the 8th IWG World Conference on Women and Sport in New Zealand from the 14-17 November 2022.
Please contact the Office for Women in Sport and Recreation if you have any questions about the Program or your application: firstname.lastname@example.org